The 2017 Fried Green 50 was the 10th running of this event, and we had a huge crowd with over 140 riders! Thank you all for coming out to ride, a few pictures are posted below and lots more pictures can be found on the OMBA Facebook photo album right here.
We couldn’t do it without our wonderful sponsors. Next time you need some gear, be sure and consider these great folks, and tell them thanks for supporting cycling:
- Thomson Bike Products is located right here in Macon, GA and they make some of the finest cycling products in the world. They have always been a huge supporter of not only OMBA, but SORBA and IMBA and MTBing all over the southeast. They graciously donated several certificates for seat posts, handle bars, and even a dropper post for us to raffle off.
- Rocking Chair Ranch is another local middle GA company, specializing in grass fed organic hormone/antibiotic free beef, and hormone/antibiotic free pork and chicken. Those killer burgers were made with RCR ground beef.
- Capitol Cycles in Macon is owned by one of the faster riders in town, and he’s also a good supporter of OMBA, and they lent us that killer Honda Africa Twin motorbike that lead out the ride.
- The Cycling Sasquatch is a local cycling celebrity, he worked one of the SAG stations on both Saturday and Sunday, and he donated some great SWAG to give away to the winners.
- Bike Tech is Macon’s local bike shop, they’re great supporters of OMBA and they supported one of the SAG stations this year.